Rhode Island Paddle Sports
Rhode Island Paddle Sports
Rental Liability Waiver
I hereby agree that by renting this equipment from Rhode Island Paddle Sports I accept liability for any damages or injury that may occur while using any of the equipment-regardless of its condition-rented from Rhode Island Paddle Sports. By signing this agreement, I agree that I am waiving my right to bring a court action to recover compensation or to obtain any other remedy for any injury to myself, my property or my death, however caused, arising out of my use of any equipment or programs of Rhode Island Paddle Sports. I understand that there are inherent risks associated with water sports and with pulling a trailer. I familiar with and understand the seep water adventure sport.
I acknowledge that kayaking, paddle boarding, and any boating have inherent risks, hazards and dangers for anyone that cannot be eliminated, particularly in a wilderness environment. I understand that these risks include and are not limited to:
1. Water hazards in boating and wading in the water including drowning
2. Hiking rugged country
3. Injuries from fishing equipment and other participants
4. Encounters with wildlife, animals and insects
5. Risk of concussion exists.
6. Temperature extremes inclement weather conditions and unavailability of immediate medical attention in
wilderness in case of injury. In consideration of the services of Rhode Island Paddle Sports, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Rhode Island Paddle Sports, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
***NON COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE AGREEMENT MAY RESULT IN CHARGES FOR
LOSS OR DAMAGE.
***I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE. I AGREE TO THE TERMS STATED.
01. Rhode Island Paddle Sports has taken all reasonable precautions in preparing and you agree
02. Renter shall obey all state, federal and local boating regulations, laws, ordinances, and lawful directives from appropriate law enforcement personnel, while operating or renting boats or equipment from Rhode Island Paddle Sports. Renter is solely responsible for any citation or violation occurring during the use of, or as the result of using rental boats, or equipment from Rhode Island Paddle Sports.
03. Renter represents that he/she is capable of safely operating and handling the equipment and finds it in good working order, condition and repair. Renter represents that he/she has adequate skills, knowledge, and experience to safely complete the planned activity and that adequate preparations have been made to ensure safe completion of trip.
04. Renter shall bear all responsibility for any loss, theft or damage of the rental boats and/or equipment or any portions thereof, including but not limited to vandalism, loss or theft and shall pay the lessor (Rhode Island Paddle Sports) the full cost of repair or replacement.
05. Renter shall return boats and equipment in the condition in which it was received. Minimum charges will be applied for labor, repair and cleaning in the event that boats or equipment require repair or excessive care or cleaning. Renter agrees to use all equipment for its designated purpose only.
06. Recognition of risk: Renter expressively acknowledges that kayaking, boating and paddle boarding are activities with inherent risks of injury to persons or property. Renter is aware of those risks and understands them. Renter acknowledges that PFD’s (lifejackets) are made available and that all renters are required to wear PFD’s/ lifejackets while using rental boats and equipment. Renter understands that a PFD does not remove all risks of injury; nor does other precautions that the renter decides to take to minimize the risks of the activity. No party related to Lessor, including owner and employees has made any representations regarding the safety of, or the risks of the activity. Renter expressively assumes the risks of the activity.
07. Release of liability: Renter hereby releases Lessor (Rhode Island Paddle Sports), its owners and its employees for liability for negligence and HOLDS HARMLESS the Lessor, its owner and employees from any loss, expense or cost, including attorney fees, arising out of any damage or injuries, weather to persons or property occurring as a result of rental or use of boat and/or equipment.
08. I (renter) am responsible for all parties.
09. This agreement constitutes entire agreement between Lessor and renter and no term may be waived or modified (including provision against oral modification) except in writing signed by both parties. There are no warranties expressed or applied, by Lessor to Renter, except as contained herein, and Lessor shall not be liable for any loss or injury to Renter nor to anyone else, of any kind or however caused. This agreement is one of bailment only and Renter is not Lessors agent while using said boat(s) or equipment.
10. I (renter) Agree to be billed in 15 minute intervals for tardy equipment return.
11. Please list all minors under the age of 18
12. I accept all responsibility for minors in my party